This city was built between hills and is world renowned for its huge slopes which can be discovered in traditional cable cars.
The trick is to slow down and enjoy the beautiful city streets.
Healthy eating is one of its strengths with organic and fresh products. Start your day with a hearty breakfast and enjoy a morning stroll through the many parks and open spaces. These include Golden Gate Park where you will find the California Academy of Science and the Young Museum. In addition there are many gardens to be experienced: Botanical Garden, Japanese Tea Garden and the Conservatory of Flowers. The Dolores Park and Alamo Square Park are more options for your stroll.
- – The Victorian houses known as the Painted Ladies;
- – the grand decommissioned prison on Alcatraz Island which is named for the same;
- – the view of the Marina District;
- – Pier 39 with its in vogue gathering spot;
- – the Aquarium of the Bay, which is in tunnel format.
- – The Golden Gate Bridge, one of the seven wonders of the modern world and one of the greatest symbols of the region, can be traveled by bike.
- – And the most crooked street in the world, Lombardi Street, is a particularly beautiful scene to be hold.
In the city cuisine of excellent quality and great variety can be enjoyed. In North Beach you will find Italian food, in Chinatown you can enjoy a Thai treat, if you crave a Argentinean food, stop by the Ferry Market, or enjoy an organic hamburger on Market Street.
If you plan to stay a little longer in the city it is worth dedicating a whole day to visit the wineries of Napa and Sonoma, the giant redwoods of Muir Woods and the famous Yosemite Park with its valleys and waterfalls. They are a bit of a journey from the city, but the landscapes are lush.San Francisco is a fascinating city. Enjoy every minute you are there because the city is an invitation to happiness.MORE